Friday, July 15, 2005

"Making the Blog"

I am currently spending a weekend with some great friends. Once a year for the last 12 summers, we have met together for a weekend of fun - sometimes camping, sometimes canoeing, sometimes at a resort, sometimes in homes. We started out with just three couples, and have added children over the years until now the children outnumber the grown-ups seven to six.

The three men in these three families have known each other for twenty-six years! We went to the same elementary school, we were in the same church youth group, same high school choir and band. They are my best and truest friends, and some of those rare few people with whom I can be completely, honestly MYSELF.

I am experiencing an interesting phenomenon this weekend. My friends are joking around by competing with one another to see who can say something I will deem "blog-worthy." They are trying by various means to "make the blog." So far, the most blatant campaigner, whom I cannot yet mention by name since to do so would unfairly accomplish his purpose of "making the blog," has pulled me aside several times and attempted to speak profound words to me, hoping that I will use them as the theme of a blog entry. We'll have to wait and see ...

Blog-worthily yours,
Andy B.

3 comments:

Brad said...

26 years, wow that's a long time!!!!!!

Brad said...

26 years, wow that's a long time!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to decide which of the two was trying to say something profound because I can picture both of them in that scene! Mom