Saturday, June 24, 2006

It's Know Coincidence

I do not think it is a coincidence that I am reading Brian McClaren's "A Generous Orthodoxy" at just the same time I have been thinking about epistemology. It must be the Holy Spirit at work!

The first chapter of this book is called "The Seven Jesuses I Have Known," and it is all about McClaren's personal epistemological journey with Jesus. I am not through with the book yet; I intend to finish it this week while we are on VACATION! (Smoky Mountains, here we come.)

When we get home, I'm sure I'll have everything figured out, and all the controversies mended. In the meantime, I'll be blog free for a week. (I refuse to use the expression "a blogging hiatus," so I won't.) See ya in a week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that's scary - the title and subject of the sermon this morning at our church was Generous Orthodoxy, and the pastor mentioned this book as being where he got the title! I guess I know what I'll be reading next.

Certainly makes the claim of coincidence harder to believe than the outworking of the holy spirit :)

Have a nice vacation.

kc bob said...

Hope you had a great vacation. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on McLaren.

Anonymous said...

ya know, "Enter the Rainbow" is a horrible name... makes me think of Lucky Charms or something...

TN Rambler said...

Hope you had a great vacation in my (almost) neck of the woods.

John said...

Thanks, Kansas Bob. Now I'll have to struggle all day to stop thinking of Andy in a green leprechaun outfit.

John said...

Sorry, I mean "anonymous".