Friday, June 24, 2005

Blog Time - From Here On Out

One thing about an evening Vacation Bible School, it sure takes away from blog time! Having our VBS from 5:30 til 8:30 each evening this week has supplanted the time I ususally spend reading blogs and writing for Enter the Rainbow. And that's a good thing! VBS is awesome!

But now I have some catching up to do. I haven't read my usual list of blogs for several days now, and I am sure that by blogging friends have posted some really wonderful things over that time.

Or maybe I won't even try to catch up. Maybe I'll just start from now and move ahead. I'll read their latest posts and forget about trying to read what they have written. At last count, I have 27 blogs in the old My Favorites folder. I don't read all of them every day, but I try to get through the list at least once every couple of days. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to start from now and read on, rather than catch up.

Maybe that is a good philosophy to espouse every now and then in life, also. For example, I have a friend who keeps days and days worth of newspapers in her house because she fully intends to do the crossword puzzles contained therein. She cannot bring herself to recycle any papers because each one contains a potentially completed puzzle. She knows that each day brings a new puzzle, but she just adds it to her pile. She needs to say to herself, "These old puzzles aren't going to get done. It is time to focus my energy on the puzzle of the day, bundle up all of those old puzzles, and take them out to the curb."

When life stacks up on us like five days of unread blogs or a pile of incomplete puzzles, sometimes it is wise to claim a new starting point. We need to say at times, "Alright, that happened and it is gone. Now, from here on out, this is what we'll do."

Looking ahead,
Andy B.

No comments: