Monday, March 20, 2006

Today's Tidbits

These tidbits are submitted for what they are worth:

Tidbit #1:
In worship yesterday I was loaned three different things to read by members of the congregation.
1) The novel “The Constant Gardener”
2) Barak Obama’s book “Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.”
and
3) the latest edition of “AARP: The Magazine”
I’m not sure what that means about me or about my congregation, but there it is.

Tidbit #2:
The heavyweight champion of the Methodist blog world, Shane Raynor, has re-posted one of my articles on the site Wesley Daily, which collects blog posts from Methodists all over the country. Thanks, Shane!

Tidbit #3:
Today, March 20, Bishop Robert Schnase of Missouri will be in prayer for me, my family, and our remarkable congregation. Every day, the staff of our conference focuses their prayers on behalf of one of the churches in the state. The thing that strikes me about this practice is that the little church with a dozen people receives as much of their prayer energy as the mega church with a couple thousand. Now THAT’S the power of prayer.

2 comments:

methodist monk said...

OT: But do you know this crazy pastor from Kansas who made the GMA this morning because he was protesting(yelling) at soldier's funerals? Phelps I think was his name.

(Not that I think you would know him, you are the only pastor I know from Kansas) :)

Questing Parson said...

The bishop is praying for you; your congregation reads books and shares them with you ... You are truly blessed!