Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hey, It's Good to Be Back Home Again


Wes, Cori, and Andy hanging out in the Magic Kingdom. Posted by Picasa

We made it! The Bryan family is back safely from our vacation to Florida, and we had an absolutely fabulous time. We are refreshed, relaxed, and ready to roll!

I have stories to tell, also. Stories ...
- about being "Disneyfied,"
- about the ambivalence of the first seat on "Space Mountain,"
- about the spiritual discipline of standing in line and waiting,
- about the unabated joy of jumping on motel beds,
- about a cold shoulder from a church nursery,
- about standing at the location of the assasination of MLK in Memphis,
- and much, much more!

Yes, it was a good trip, filled with fantastic memories. We saw a part of the world that we hadn't before, and now we get to check off four new states from our "Been There" lists. We are home now with renewed perspective and the deeply ingrained wisdom that it really is a small world after all!

It's nice to be home,
Andy B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've finally done it. Of course, the fact that I'm sitting in my new office at my new church with my new job and am currently reading your blog doesn't bother me in the least. I read Steph's Jacob's Well comment. That's awesome!! For those interested in emergent resourses, info, theology, whatever, there are a few places to go. www.theooze.com, www.emergentvillage.com, www.relevantmagazine.com.
This is the future of the church! check it out